Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Tuesday 4 October 2016

The Proper Preparation For Holy Mass And Holy Communion. It's Not The Same As Going Down To Your Local Supermarket. (Part Three).


Text from The Saint Andrew Daily Missal,
unless stated otherwise.



Before Celebrating Holy Mass, the Priest, if he has time, says the following Prayers, which The Faithful may say, also, as an excellent preparation for Holy Mass or for Holy Communion, when, for some reason, this cannot be received at Mass.

Pope Leo XIII granted an Indulgence of one year to those who say these Prayers, up to the Prayers of Saint Ambrose and Saint Thomas Aquinas, inclusive.




Psalm lxxxv
(Appeal to the mercy of God).

Inclina, Domine, aurem tuam et exáudi me: quoniam inops, et pauper sum ego.

Bow down Thine ear, O Lord, and hear me: for I am poor and needy.

Custodi ánimam meam, quoniam sanctus sum: salvum fac servum tuum, Deus meus,
sperántem in te.

Preserve my Soul, for I am holy: O Thou my God, save Thy servant that trusteth in Thee.

Miserére mei, Domine, quoniam ad te clamávi tota die: lætifica ánimam servi tui, quoniam ad te, Domine, ánimam meam levávi.

Be merciful unto me, O Lord, for I cry unto Thee all the day long: rejoice the Soul of Thy servant, for unto Thee, O Lord, do I lift up my Soul.

Quoniam tu, Domine, suávis, et mitis: et multæ misericordiæ omnibus invocántibus te.

For Thou, Lord, art good and ready to forgive, and plenteous in mercy to all that call upon Thee.


Illustration: AMELIA SHEPHERD

Auribus pércipe, Domine, orationem meam: et inténde voci deprecationis meæ.

Give ear, O Lord, to my Prayer: and attend to the voice of my supplication.

In die tribulationis meae clamávi ad te:  quia exaudisti me.

In the day of my trouble, I called upon Thee, for Thou hast heard me.

Non est similis tui in diis, Domine: et non est secundum opera tua.

Among the gods, there is none like unto Thee, O Lord: neither are there any works like unto Thy works.

Omnes genntes quascumque fecisti, vénient, et adorábunt coram te, Domine: et glorificábunt nomen tuum.

All nations whom Thou hast made shall come and worship before Thee, O Lord: and shall glorify Thy name.

Quoniam magnus es tu, et fáciens mirabilia: tu es Deus solus.

For Thou art great and dost wondrous things: Thou art God alone.


Illustration: THE NEXT RIGHT STEP

Deduc me, Domine, in via tua, et ingrédiar in veritáte tua: laetétur cor meum ut timeat nomen tuum.

Teach me Thy way, O Lord, and I will walk in Thy truth: let mine heart be glad, that it may fear Thy name.

Confitébor tibi, Domine, Deus meus, in toto corde meo, et glorificábo nomen tuum in aetérnum:

I will praise Thee, O Lord my God, with all mine heart, and I will glorify Thy name for evermore.

Quia misericordia tua magna est super me: et eruisti ánimam meam ex inférno inferiori.

For great is Thy mercy toward me: and Thou hast delivered my Soul from the lowest Hell.

Deus, iniqui insurrexérunt super me, et synagoga poténtiam quaesiérunt ánimam meam: et non proposuérunt te in conspéctu suo.

O God, the wicked are risen up against me, and the assembly of violent men have sought my Soul, and have not set Thee before them.

Et tu, Domine, Deus miserátor et miséricors, pátiens, et multae misericordiae, et verax.

But Thou, O Lord, art a God full of compassion and gracious, long-suffering, and plenteous in mercy and truth.


Illustration: PINTEREST

Réspice in me, et miserére mei, da impérium tuum puero tuo: et salvum fac filium ancillae tuae.

O look upon me, and have mercy on me: give Thy strength to Thy servant, and save the son of Thy handmaid !

Fac mecum signum in bonum, ut videant qui odérunt me, et confundántur: quoniam tu, Domine, adjuvisti me, et consolátus es me.

Show me a token for good, that they who hate me may see it and be ashamed: because Thou, O Lord, hast helped me, and comforted me.

Gloria Patri . . .

Glory be to The Father . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...