Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Wednesday 5 October 2016

The Proper Preparation For Holy Mass And Holy Communion. It's Not The Same As Going Down To Your Local Supermarket. (Part Four).

Text from The Saint Andrew Daily Missal,
unless stated otherwise.



Before Celebrating Holy Mass, the Priest, if he has time, says the following Prayers, which The Faithful may say, also, as an excellent preparation for Holy Mass or for Holy Communion, when, for some reason, this cannot be received at Mass.

Pope Leo XIII granted an Indulgence of one year to those who say these Prayers, up to the Prayers of Saint Ambrose and Saint Thomas Aquinas, inclusive. These last two Prayers will be published on Zephyrinus' Blog in due course.




Illustration: PINTEREST

Psalm cxv.
Credidi.
(An Act of Thanksgiving for deliverance from deadly peril).

(The following Text is from The Douai-Rheims Bible).

I have believed, therefore have I spoken; but I have been humbled exceedingly.

I said in my excess: Every man is a liar.

What shall I render to the Lord, for all the things he hath rendered unto me?

I will take the chalice of salvation; and I will call upon the name of the Lord.

I will pay my vows to the Lord before all his people:

Precious in the sight of the Lord is the death of his saints.




I will sacrifice to thee the sacrifice of praise, and I will call upon the name of the Lord.

I will pay my vows to the Lord in the sight of all his people:

In the courts of the house of The Lord, in the midst of thee, O Jerusalem.


Illustration: PINTEREST

Psalm cxxix.
De Profundis.
(Prayer for The Dead).
(De Profundis. A Prayer of a sinner, trusting in the mercies of God.
The Sixth Penitential Psalm).

Out of the depths I have cried unto Thee, O Lord:

Lord, hear my voice.

Let Thy ears be attentive to the voice of my supplication.

If Thou, O Lord, wilt mark iniquities: Lord, who shall stand it.

For with Thee there is merciful forgiveness: and by reason of Thy law, I have waited
for thee, O Lord.

My Soul hath relied on His word:

My Soul hath hoped in The Lord.



From The Morning Watch even until night, let Israel hope in The Lord.

For with The Lord there is mercy.

And with Him plentiful redemption.

And He shall redeem Israel from all his iniquities.

Versicle: Eternal Rest give unto them, O Lord.

Response: And let Perpetual Light shine upon them.



Orémus.

Let us Pray.

O God, Who freely grantest forgiveness and desirest the salvation of all mankind, grant, we beseech Thee, in Thy mercy, all that our Brethren, Kinsfolk, and Benefactors of our Congregation, who have passed from this life, may, by the intercession of Blessed Mary Every Virgin, and of all Thy Saints, partake of Everlasting Bliss.

Through Christ Our Lord.

Amen.

Versicle: May they rest in peace.

Response: Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...