Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Sunday 20 November 2016

Stir-Up Sunday. 20 November 2016.


Text from FR. Z's BLOG



All Illustrations: FR. Z's BLOG

Today, Sunday, 20 November, is The Last Sunday of The Church’s Liturgical Year.

It is therefore . . .

STIR UP SUNDAY !

The “Stir Up” comes from the first words of the Traditional Collect in The Roman Rite. It also comes from the Tradition of stirring up the ingredients of The Christmas Pudding !

What are your plans for Christmas Pudding ?

The more important question is: What are MY plans for Christmas Pudding.

I must give this some thought.


UPDATE:

Since I will be moving to a new dwelling in the near future, I have been going through things.

I found a Christmas Pudding from TWO YEARS AGO, tucked away for ageing.

I would say that it is sufficiently Seasoned.

QUAERITUR:

Will it be lethal ?

If not, maybe I won’t make one.

I invite input, especially from experts in Blighty.

4 comments:

  1. Snap! I'm finishing off a pud made three years ago. This should be the best Christmas pudding you have ever had, as long as it's laced generously with alcohol. My Ma used to make batches and the longer they were stored in a cool, dark place, the better they tasted and came up a wonderful rich black colour. Enjoy.
    PS Don't microwave. If there are any leftovers they will turn into teeth-breaking rocks overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Genty, for your most welcome Comment.

    I will attempt to Re-Post your Comment on Fr Z's Blog for the benefit of Fr Z and his Readership.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let me know if it works. Apologies that I thought it was you. Duh!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Genty.

    Not a problem. I HAD copied the Article, so your Comment to me was perfectly valid.

    However, I did Copy your Comment to Fr Z's Blog http://wdtprs.com/blog/
    and it's successfully appearing now. Pop over and check it out.

    Thanks for your welcome Comment.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...