Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Wednesday 1 April 2020

Thanksgiving After Mass And Holy Communion.



From The Saint Andrew Daily Missal,
unless stated otherwise.

Universal Prayer Of Pope Clement XI.
For All Things Necessary To Salvation.

O my God, I believe in Thee,
but do Thou strengthen my Faith.
All my hopes are in Thee,
do Thou secure them.

I love Thee with my whole heart,
teach me to love Thee daily more and more.

I am sorry for having offended Thee,
do Thou increase my sorrow.


I adore Thee as my first beginning,
I aspire after Thee as my last end.

I give Thee thanks as my constant benefactor;
I call upon Thee as my sovereign protector.

Vouchsafe, O my God,
to conduct me by Thy Wisdom,
to restrain me by Thy Justice,
to comfort me by Thy Mercy,
to defend me by Thy Power.


To Thee,
I desire to consecrate all my
thoughts, words,
actions, and sufferings;
that, henceforward,
I may think of Thee,
speak of Thee,
and willingly refer all my actions
to Thy Greater Glory;
And suffer willingly
whatever Thou shalt appoint.

Lord, I desire
that in all things
Thy Will may be done,
because it is Thy Will,
and in the manner that Thou willest.

I beg of Thee
to enlighten my understanding,
to inflame my will,
to purify my body,
and to Sanctify my Soul.



Give me strength,
O my God,
to expiate my offences,
to overcome my temptations,
to subdue my passions,
and to acquire the virtues proper for my state.

Fill my heart
with tender affection for Thy Goodness,
a hatred for my faults,
a love for my neighbour,
and a contempt of the World.

Let me always remember
to be submissive to my superiors,
charitable to my inferiors,
faithful to my friends,
and indulgent to my enemies.


Assist me to overcome
sensuality by mortification,
avarice by almsgiving,
anger by meekness,
and tepidity by devotion.

O my God,
make my prudent in my understandings,
courageous in dangers,
patient in afflictions,
and humble in prosperity.

Grant,
that I may be ever attentive in my Prayers,
temperate at my meals,
diligent in my employments,
and constant in my resolutions.


Let my conscience
be ever upright and pure,
my exterior modest,
my conversation edifying,
and my comportment regular.

Assist me,
that I may continually labour
to overcome nature,
by corresponding to Thy Grace,
to keep Thy Commandments,
and to work out my Salvation.


Discover to me, O my God,
the nothingness of this World,
the greatness of Heaven,
the shortness of time,
and the length of Eternity.

Grant,
that I may prepare for death,
that I may fear Thy Judgements,
that I may escape Hell,
and, in the end,
obtain Heaven,
through Jesus Christ Our Lord.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...