Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Wednesday 7 September 2022

The Vigil Of The Nativity Of The Blessed Virgin Mary. 7 September.

 


The Blessed Virgin Mary
is Crowned in Heaven by her Beloved Son.
Illustration: AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM






Text is taken from NEW LITURGICAL MOVEMENT

On both The Vigil of The Nativity of The Virgin Mary, and The Feast, itself, The Ambrosian Mass reads a Lesson which very cleverly links two Biblical passages Traditionally associated with The Virgin Mary: The sixth Chapter of The Song of Songs, and the twenty-fourth Chapter of Ecclesiasticus.

“Thus sayeth Wisdom:

Song 6, 8-9.

She is the only one of her mother,
the chosen of her that bore her.

The daughters saw her, and declared her most Blessed:
The queens and concubines, and they praised her.

Who is she that cometh forth as the morning rising, fair as the Moon, bright as the Sun, terrible as an army set in array ?


The Blessed Virgin Mary
is Crowned in Heaven by her Beloved Son.
Illustration: AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM







Sir. 24, 24-28.

I am the mother of fair love, and of fear,
and of knowledge, and of holy hope.

In me is all Grace of the way and of the truth,
in me is all hope of life and of virtue.

Come over to me, all ye that desire me,
and be filled with my fruits.

For my spirit is sweet above honey,
and my inheritance above honey and the honeycomb.

My memory is unto everlasting generations.”


The Blessed Virgin Mary
is Crowned in Heaven by her Beloved Son.
Illustration: AD MAIOREM DEI GLORIAM



2 comments:

  1. "I am the mother of fair love, and of fear,
    and of knowledge, and of holy hope.

    In me is all Grace of the way and of the truth,
    in me is all hope of life and of virtue." - Sirach 24:24ff

    ..Beyond challange, one of the most extraordinary passages of the entire Old Testament, of course perfectly fulfilled in the Immaculate Conception of Our Lady. -Note by Dante P.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank You, Dante P, for your most appropriate Comment. As you eloquently say: “. . . perfectly fulfilled in The Immaculate Conception of Our Lady”.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...