Notre Dame de Rouen. The façade of the Gothic Church in France. Photographer: Hippo1947. Licence: SHUTTERSTOCK.

Friday 23 December 2022

Devotions After Holy Communion.



19th-Century French Chalice and Paten in Gothic Style made in Solid Silver Gilt. Chalice and Paten both made by the French Silversmith Jules Passebois, in the 20th-Century.
Illustration: LUZAR VESTMENTS

DEVOTIONS AFTER HOLY COMMUNION.

Text from The Saint Andrew Daily Missal.

The following Act, corresponding to one of the four ends of sacrifice, may also be said after Mass, by way of thanksgiving.

An Act of Adoration.

O Lord Jesus, I have received Thee within myself, and from within the Sanctuary of my heart into which Thou hast deigned to descend, do Thou give to Almighty God, in my name, all the glory that is His due.

I unite myself to Thee, O Sacred Humanity, Who in Heaven and in The Holy Eucharist, dost never cease offering to the Most Holy Trinity an infinite worship, that which alone is truly worthy of The Three Divine Persons.

Through Thee, O Divine Priest, I wish to render glory to The Father, The Word, and The Holy Ghost, even in proportion to the immensity of their Divine Majesty, because I know that by Thee, with Thee, and in Thee, all honour and glory are given to them.

In union therefore with Thee, I prostrate myself in Adoration before God, acknowledging His Sovereign Dominion over me and over all creatures.

Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...